Go Back   Warbirdz Forum > For Sale > Non Aviation

Old 16-02-2013, 07:11
Thinks he wears the pants ....

Glenn will become famous soon enough

chuckle :-)
Old 16-02-2013, 08:12
Admin

warbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond repute

Not only that Bushy, I suspect the meat he is talking about was actually Australian beef .. rubbish just the same though, and I did try it twice just in case it was me ...

because the US beef in the US was pretty damn nice when cooked properly.
Old 17-02-2013, 08:08

No, it was labelled s New York Beef.
And yeah, the steaks in America were nice but maybe they added some strange preservative.
Old 17-02-2013, 08:35
Flight Sergeant

Bushy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdz View Post
... because the US beef in the US was pretty damn nice when cooked properly.
Yeah they are smarter than us. They eat the good stuff at home. We keep the rubbish for the domestic market and send the good stuff overseas.
Old 17-02-2013, 09:11

:-) Best Steak in Australia I ever had was at a Rockhmapton Air Show where the organiser owned a Cattle ranch and he served up a freshley killed meal. NOt sure how fresh, I used to think the same day but I have since been informed they need to bleed out for a few days. Anyway, years later, I still remember it :-) The stuff we buy now comes from our fresh food people where we know they serve up year old Apples, and still call themseleves fresh. Pffftttttt.
Old 17-02-2013, 05:37
Admin

warbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond reputewarbirdz has a reputation beyond repute

New York beef is a cut, not a location ...
Old 18-02-2013, 09:54
Warrant Officer

setter1 is on a distinguished road

Meat needs to partly decompose or age before its consumed and there are a lot of ways to do it and that also helps determine if its tender or not. The Woolies / Coles approach is to hang it for a few days in a chiller and sell it - thats why its tough - If you want nice beef the best is dry aged and that takes 28 days and is complex - nice steaks in the US come in general from nice beef thats been well treated and aged - generally we dont do that for us consumers we just do quick and nasty. As Glenn says the beef he had up north was probably good beef to start with and then well aged.
I worked in an abbitors when I was going to uni and it wasnt nice but I learnt a lot.
John